You Appear to Lack of Sense of Self
From your answers to this quiz, it appears that you grew up lacking a sense of Self. This happens when a person grows up with parents or caregivers who don’t truly see and acknowledge their child as an autonomous being as opposed to (unknowingly) being considered an extension of themselves.
This is also commonly known as "emotional neglect." People who grow up without a sense of Self often feel invisible and unappreciated. You likely find it difficult to express your authentic feelings and personal preferences. You may struggle with depression and/or anxiety with a deep-seated feeling that you are not “good enough” or that there is something different about you. These are common symptoms of those who lack a sense of Self.
In childhood, many people who lack a sense of Self develop a survival mechanism to feel better about themselves. We call it a Substitute Sense of Self (SSoS), and it’s based on pleasing others. You see as a child struggling to get your parent’s approval and attention you began to actively seek it out as a way to feel good about yourself.
If left undiscovered and unchanged, it can lead to living your life based on other people’s approval and other people’s expectations of you.
When you live your life in that way it doesn’t feel good. It’s not authentic. It’s not the real YOU. It can cause extreme stress, anxiety, and depression. It can set you up for failure in relationships and in your career. What’s worse is that if you grow up without a sense of Self your children will likely experience the same because our conditioning in childhood runs as a subconscious program unless we take active steps to change it.
This is where we can help you. The Sense of Self Method is designed for people who lack a sense of Self to connect you with who you truly are and what you want from your life. Although it may feel impossible right now you really can experience lasting happiness and fulfillment. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, and other symptoms can be a thing of the past. You can begin the process of restoring your sense of Self by taking our online course and reading our books. Together these tools are an invaluable resource for making you feel better!
Your mental health and emotional well-being are priceless. It’s the most important thing you can do for yourself. We are confident that this program can help you. The investment in yourself is risk-free and we work on a pay-what-you-can scale.
Are you ready to improve your quality of life?
Register today for the Sense of Self Course for only $20!
What are the Benefits of a Restored Sense of Self?
Here are some of the issues we’ve found the Healthy Sense of Self Method have helped people with.
- Decreased substance abuse; healthier habits
- Less compulsiveness
- Higher self-esteem
- Better overall health
- More fulfillment
- Fewer feelings of loneliness
Anxiety and Depression:
- Fewer panic attacks
- Feel better, think clearer, feel more alive and engaged
- Increased joy of living, happiness, success
- More self-accepting, and accepting of others
- Fall asleep faster
- Sleep better
- More vibrant
- More Energy
- More integrated in society
- More patience
- Better child rearing
- Fewer rages and family upsets
- More respect for your children and from your children
- Better chance to find love and friendship
- Easier interactions in both social and professional settings
- Less controlling of others and of situations
- More compassion, empathy, and tolerance; less hostility
- Better companionship
- Lower divorce rate
Are You Ready to Say YES to…
- More self-confidence
- Overall higher quality of life
- Comfortable with facing your Self; more self-accepting
- Ability to self-realize and live life to the fullest
- Better equipped to deal with criticism – less over-reactive
- Feeling comfortable in your own skin
- Comfortable being in most crowds
- Comfortable being by your self
- Know what you want
- Better flow in your life
- Better aligned with your blueprint